Glades Christian Academy is a member of the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS). Our elementary and middle school offers a well-rounded education with core subject area curriculum from BJU Press, providing our families with educational continuity across grades and subject areas and seamlessly integrating Biblical truth with academic excellence. We also provide students with enrichment opportunities including Art, Chapel, Computers, Library, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish.
Every classroom lead teacher in the preschool and VPK is fully accredited through the State of Florida to work with birth through five year olds. Safe playground space, weekly creative chapel, a staff art teacher, and a curriculum designed for kindergarten readiness are just a few things that set our preschool apart.
While Glades Christian Academy has more than doubled in size under its current leadership, class size is intentionally limited. But GCA isn’t like any other small school; the visionary creativity of Church by the Glades has rubbed off. Whether it’s rockin’, soulful chapel worship led by middle schoolers or reading level evaluations done on each classroom’s iPad mini, GCA is a school that recognizes the importance of tradition while thoroughly equipping today’s young leaders for the world of tomorrow.
Glades Christian Academy offers a premier education emphasizing spiritual, academic, physical, and social training that will prepare students to enjoy success in life and help them to commit fully to the adventure of following Christ.
The program of Glades Christian Academy & Preschool is established to provide an educational experience in a warm and friendly atmosphere for infants and children through 8th grade. Recognizing the importance of balanced growth, our staff provides many opportunities for the social, mental, physical, and spiritual development of the child. More specifically, our program is:
- To teach students that God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, and the Lord Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God who came to earth to die for our sins
- To teach students that God has spoken through His infallible word, the Bible, and therefore to teach students how to study, understand, and apply its principles to every part of daily life
- To inspire and motivate students to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and to commit to live their lives to serving Him
- To help students love, obey, respect, and serve others as God desires, thereby accepting responsibility for their behavior and treatment of others
- To help students develop the ability to assume responsibility for the tasks they are given
- To provide an excellent education by providing outstanding, professional teachers who are well trained and who demonstrate a strong commitment to their Christian faith
- To help students develop as thankful and responsible citizens of our nation and to appreciate our diverse world
- Established 1991
- Safe, loving Christian environment
- Small class sizes
- Enrichment classes during the school hours: Art, Chapel, Computers, Library, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish
- Supports Step Up for Students and McKay Scholarships
- Precare and Aftercare
- After school programs
- Optional catered lunch five days per week
- Family events and parent volunteer opportunities